RECOLOGY BILL PAY HELPFUL HINTS
If you have forgotten your password to Recology’s online bill pay system and you have not logged in since the upgrade that happened on February 3, 2015 please contact customer service to receive a temporary password. When logging in with the temporary password you will be prompted to enter a new password and chose/answer security questions. If you forget your password after this initial contact with our customer service you can use the ‘forgot password’ link on the Recology bill pay website.
1. Find your paper bill. Your paper bill has all of the information you need to enroll in E-BillPay. After you’ve enrolled, you will no longer receive paper statements.
2. Identify your Recology service provider. As a resident of San Francisco, you are either serviced by Recology Golden Gate or Recology Sunset Scavenger. Your service provider’s name will be listed on the top third of your bill. The images below illustrate where your Recology company’s name appears on your bill.
Recology Golden Gate
Recology Sunset Scavenger
3. Note your account number. Your Recology account number is a unique identifier that helps us communicate with you and complete service requests. You will need this number to enroll in E-BillPay. Your account number appears on the top right of your bill above the current charges.
4. Follow the E-BillPay link for your service provider. As a resident of San Francisco, you are either serviced by Recology Golden Gate or Recology Sunset Scavenger. Click on the link for the appropriate company to begin the enrollment process. Next, follow the instructions provided to enroll in E-BillPay.
You will be asked to enter your account number and building or house number. Please note that in the case of a hyphenated address, only enter the number before the hyphen. For example, if your house number is 123 – 456 Main Street, only enter 123 where promted. Adding the entire address will cause an error.
5. Create a username and password. You will be asked to register with an email, username and password. Your username and password make it easier for you to login regularly and review your account statements. Please write them down and store them in a secure place.