Last Updated: February 1, 2021
If you are a California resident, please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice, located here, for details on how we handle the Personal Information of California residents and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. We and our service providers may collect Personal Information including:
- “Identifiers.” Identifiers, such as name, contact information, Recology account username and password, IP address and other online identifiers, Social Security number, driver’s license number, automobile or other vehicle license plate number;
- “Customer Records Information.” Personal information, such as name, contact information, Social Security number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information;
- “Protected Class Information.” Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, race, color, physical or mental disability, sex, veteran or military status;
- “Transaction Information.” Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- “Online Use Information.” Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
- “Geolocation Data.” Geolocation data, such as device location and approximate location derived from IP address;
- “Audio/Video Data.” Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as photographs and audio and video recordings;
- “Employment Information.” Professional or employment-related information, such as job title; and
- “Inferences.” Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile about, for example, an individual’s preferences, behaviors, or characteristics.
How We May Use Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your transaction, for example, to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law or to comply with legal process; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- By you, on message boards, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To a landlord or owner of property that you rent or lease who may be impacted by the services we provide to you.
- Otherwise, as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law or to comply with legal process; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP“). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
- From you: Information such as your general location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services. (For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your zip code). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the App.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information that we maintain within our organization. We also seek to use third-party service providers capable of protecting the information they maintain or process for us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in the email. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
If you would like to update Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may log into your online account with us or by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.