Example Bulky Items:
Max 3 cubic yards or 600 gallons per pick-up (equal to 12 (twelve) 50-gallon trash bags). Large items below are permissible for each pick-up.
- Garbage compactor
- Holiday tree
- Large TV
- Love seat
- Washing machine
- Water heater
Santa Rosa Bulky Item Collection
Recology Sonoma Marin offers curbside bulky item collections for items that don’t fit in your cart, like old furniture, appliances, or mattresses.
To schedule a pickup, please call customer service: 1.800.243.0291 or email [email protected].
- Residential customers are eligible to receive 2 free pick-ups per year (multi-family dwelling residents are eligible as well, however, the pick-up must be scheduled by the property manager).
- Residents set out up to three (3) cubic yards of large item material per collection. Large items in excess of these amounts will incur an extra charge.
- For items containing Freon, there will be a Freon Charge (for free and paid bulky items) – $40.00
- No single item may exceed four feet by four feet by two feet with the exception of household appliances and televisions.
- Service account must be in your name.
We do not accept liquids, dirt, rock, concrete or asphalt, hazardous waste, auto parts that have contained fluids, items with an internal combustion engine, such as lawnmowers or weed eaters, and propane tanks.
If it’s possible that some of your items, such as sofas and tables, could find a new life, please consider donating to a non-profit in Sonoma or Marin Counties. Not only will you be helping divert items from the landfill – you will also be helping a great organization! Click here for a list of resources.