Accepted Bulky Items:
- Box spring
- Dish washer
- Garbage compactor
- Holiday tree
- Love seat
- Lawn mower (must be drained of gas and oil)
- Washing machine
- Water heater
Cotati Curbside Clean-ups
Recology Sonoma Marin offers curbside clean-ups to Cotati residential customers two (2) times per year, in the spring and fall.
2020 Fall Clean-up: October 12th – October 16th
Cotati residential customers in good standing may place clean-up materials from their homes at the curb for collection during the clean-up week, free of charge. Please follow all requirements listed below in order to ensure collection.
Items must be at the curb by 6am on the regularly scheduled service day
Each residence is allowed:
- 14 bags, boxes, or cans of refuse OR
- 7 bags, boxes, or cans of refuse AND 1 bulky item OR
- 2 bulky items
- Please note: excess materials will not be collected
All items (excluding furniture) must weigh less than 60 pounds
- No construction and demolition debris
- No liquids, cement, dirt, or asphalt
Loose items will not be collected
- All material must be contained
- Yard trimmings must be less than 3” in diameter X 3’ long, and must be bundled
Hazardous waste, mattresses, and large appliances will not be collected
- Prohibited materials include – pressure treated wood, tires, televisions, batteries, propane tanks,
- All small motors (i.e. lawnmowers) must be drained of gas and oil
- Click here for hazardous waste disposal information
An appointment must be made for large furniture.
Please call 800.243.0291 or email RecologySonomaMarin@Recology.com by 2pm on the Friday before the clean-up week to make an appointment.
If it’s possible that some of your items, such as sofas and tables, could find a new life, please consider donating to a non-profit in Sonoma or Marin Counties. Not only will you be helping divert items from the landfill – you will also be helping a great organization! Click here for a list of resources.