Example Bulky Items:
- Box spring
- Dish washer
- Love seat
- Washing machine
- Water heater
Petaluma residents can schedule two free bulky item pick-ups per year! Each residence is permitted a maximum of one (1) major appliance or bulky item and the choice of:
- 7 bags, boxes or cans of refuse
- Loose items will not be collected. All material must be contained.
- Yard trimmings must be less than 3” in diameter & 3’ long, and must be bundled
- Small motors (i.e. lawnmowers) must be drained of gas and oil
Additional Bulky Item Pick-up Rates
o Two (2) items less than 100 pounds – $53.82
o Additional bags – $5.81 (each)
o One (1) large item containing Freon – $53.82
- Certain materials are not accepted for collection, including:
o Construction and demolition debris
o Liquids, cement, dirt, or asphalt
o Propane tanks, batteries, cleaners, paint, medications, etc.
o Televisions or monitors
If it’s possible that some of your items, such as sofas and tables, could find a new life, please consider donating to a non-profit in Sonoma or Marin Counties. Not only will you be helping divert items from the landfill – you will also be helping a great organization! Click here for a list of resources.
To schedule a pickup, please call customer service: 1.800.243.0291 or email RecologySonomaMarin@recology.com.