Audits and Consultations
Our Waste Zero Specialist helps businesses apply best management practices in collecting recycling, composting and landfill materials. We provide a single point of contact to help you implement new recycling programs or improve your existing program and make sure you have the resources you need.
Depending on your type of business or residential property, the team will:
- Visit your site to discuss sustainability goals and potential space requirements/restraints
- Conduct audits of your waste stream to suggest bin sizing and reduce costs
- Customize your service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide signs, fliers, stickers, and training at no additional cost
Our Waste Zero Specialist is familiar with assisting all business types–from office buildings, hotels and hospitality, restaurants, hospitals, and shopping centers to large commercial residential properties.
Smart Business: Tips to Prevent Waste and Save Money
- Inform employees and tenants. Provide information on an ongoing basis about your recycling and composting programs – e-mail, meetings, newsletters, and sorting guides.
- Place signage near every container – kitchens, bathrooms, common areas.
- Place a blue recycling container beside every desk, workstation, copier, printer and garbage can.
- Designate a recycling coordinator or leader to be in charge of your recycling programs.
- Make the most out of your paper. Purchase printers that allow double sided printing, or use the other side of paper for your copy and note paper. Purchase recycled paper.
- Use washable mugs instead of paper or Styrofoam cups, and use drinking glasses for tap water or water delivered in large bottles.
- Invest in washable cloth dish towels and napkins, reusable plates, bowls and utensils.
- Packing Materials: Shred or bunch up old paper or catalogues to use as packing material. Ask your vendors to avoid using excessive packaging, and reuse packaging materials whenever possible. Styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, and most packing materials can be donated to packaging stores.
- Invest in rechargeable batteries and battery chargers for digital cameras, flashlights, and other small devices. Designate a space for proper battery disposal.
HOLIDAY TREE PICKUP
Every January we offer curbside holiday tree collection. Once you’ve removed all the tinsel, lights, decorations and stands from your holiday tree, you can leave the tree next to your residential carts, or at the designated area determined by your property manager.
Trees must be cut to 5 feet or less – flocked trees are acceptable. Cut pieces may be placed inside your yard waste cart for service.
Please note: trees may be collected by a separate driver than regular recycling driver
Tenants may place trees in a central location; please call to arrange a pickup.