Audits and Consultations
Our Waste Zero Team helps businesses apply best management practices in collecting recycling, compost and landfill materials. We provide a single point of contact to help you implement new recycling programs or improve your existing program and make sure you have the resources you need.
Depending on your type of business or residential property, the team will:
The Waste Zero Team is familiar with assisting all business types–from office buildings, hotels and hospitality, restaurants, hospitals, and shopping centers to large commercial residential properties (Multi-Family Dwellings).
Smart Business: Tips to Prevent Waste and Save Money
- Inform employees and tenants about the recycling and compost programs on an ongoing basis about your recycling and composting programs – e-mail, meetings, newsletters, and sorting guides.
- Place signage near every container – kitchens, bathrooms, common areas.
- Place a blue recycling container beside every desk, workstation, copier, printer and garbage container.
- Designate a recycling coordinator or leader to be in charge of your recycling programs.
- Make the most out of your paper. Purchase printers that allow double sided printing, or use the other side of paper for your copy and note paper. Purchase recycled paper.
- Use washable mugs instead of paper or Styrofoam cups, and use drinking glasses for tap water or water delivered in large bottles.
- Invest in washable cloth dish towels and napkins, reusable plates, bowls and utensils.
- Packing Materials: Shred or bunch up old paper or catalogues to use as packing material. Ask your vendors to avoid using excessive packaging, and reuse packaging materials whenever possible. Styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, and most packing materials can be donated to packaging stores.
- Opt out of unwanted printed mailing lists: stopjunkmail.org, www.41pounds.org, www.CatalogChoice.org
- Invest in rechargeable batteries and battery chargers for digital cameras, flashlights, and other small devices. Designate a space for proper battery recycling.