For large items that don’t fit in your cart, like old furniture, appliances, or mattresses, schedule a Bulky Item Pickup.
Accepted Bulky Items:
- 9 – 32 gallon bags of extra trash not weighing over 40 pounds each
- Up to 1.5 yards of carpet or carpet padding prepared for collection in manageable sizes with the backing rolled out
- One box of electronic waste weighing no more than 100 pounds (computers, monitor or small television)
- One passenger or small truck tire without the rim
- One refrigerator, one freezer, or one hide-a-bed couch, each item counts as two bulky items
- Box spring
- Dish washer
- Garbage compactor
- Holiday tree
- Large TV
- Love seat
- Washing machine
- Water heater
RESIDENTIAL AND MULTI-FAMILY
Residential and Multi-Family cart customers receive 2 curbside Bulky Item Pickups per year at no additional charge (eligible after 90 days of continual service). If you exceed your number of free pickups, you may request additional collections for a fee. Bulky Item Pickups are non-transferrable each year.
Items should be near your curb or roadside by 6am on pickup day.
MULTI-FAMILY PROPERTY MANAGERS
We recommend choosing a date for your entire building or complex that is convenient for residents ahead of time. Provide our office with a list of bulky items to be removed so we can determine the best service to fit your needs.
Commercial customers can schedule Bulky Item Pickup for a fee. Businesses may utilize this service on a daily basis or as needed. Give us a call to receive free estimates.
We do not accept liquids, dirt, rock, concrete or asphalt, hazardous or infectious waste, ashes and materials that exceed 6 feet in length.
If it’s possible that some of your items, such as sofas and tables, could find a new life, please consider donating to a non-profit in Del Norte County. Not only will you be helping divert items from the landfill – you will also be helping a great organization!