It is illegal to put items such as electronics, batteries, fluorescent bulbs, pesticides, and other chemicals in the trash. When household hazardous wastes (HHW) end up in a landfill, they can cause serious threats to humans, wildlife and the environment.
Household Hazardous Waste items may include:
Residents and businesses may drop off items at the Yuba-Sutter Household Hazardous Waste Facility.Commercial customers, please call to schedule an appointment to dispose of hazardous material. Fees may apply.
- Drop off for Yuba and Sutter County residents only.
- Bring products in their original containers.
- If the product label is missing, clearly list the contents on the container, if known.
- Used motor oil and oil filters should be placed in a clean spill-proof container.
- 15 gallons or 125 lbs is the maximum amount of hazardous waste that may be hauled per trip by State law.
- Transport hazardous waste in containers no larger than 5 gallons. Larger containers, such as 55 gallon drums, cannot be accepted.
When medications are disposed of in the trash or down the drain, they can find their way into our waterways and negatively impact frogs, fish and other aquatic life.
Drop off medications for safe handling at select police stations, Walgreens, and pharmacies.
Sutter County Sheriff’s Office
1077 Civic Center Blvd
Yuba City, CA
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Medicines should be left in their original container and it is recommended that prescription labels be removed for privacy (available to Yuba/Sutter residents).
All sharps waste must be transported to a collection center in an approved sharps container. Home-generated sharps waste includes hypodermic needles, syringes and lancets that are used for medical purposes.
Sharps in approved biohazard containers can be brought to our special needle drop-off kiosks location at the following locations.
- Recology Yuba Sutter Customer Service Office and MRF – 3001 N. Levee Rd. Marysville
- Yuba Sutter Household Hazardous Waste Facility – 134 Burns Dr. Yuba City
- Franklin Pharmacy – 1619 Franklin Rd. Yuba City
- Live Oak Fire Department – 2745 Fir St. Live Oak
- Village Pharmacy – 414 Main St. Wheatland
Visit CalRecycle for a list of companies that are authorized to provide sharps waste mail-back services in California.
Pre-paid Mail-back sharps containers can be ordered from: