- Please be advised: Our Household Hazardous Waste Facility is temporarily closed to the public to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Commercial customers, please call to schedule an appointment to dispose of hazardous material. Applicable fees apply.
- Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s days.
There are many items that are considered household hazardous waste that cannot be thrown in the trash. When disposed of improperly, these wastes can do serious damage to the health of humans, wildlife and the environment. Please drop them off here for safe disposal.
- Household & Hazardous Waste Drop OffHousehold Hazardous Waste Drop Off
It is illegal to put household hazardous waste in the trash or recycling carts. Hazardous waste includes items such as fluorescent bulbs, pesticides, sharps, medications, and other toxic chemicals.
When hazardous wastes end up in a landfill, they can cause serious threats to humans, wildlife and the environment. Please drop off these items at this facility for safe disposal.
- Drop off for Yuba and Sutter County residents only.
- Bring products in their original containers if possible.
- If the product label is missing, clearly list the contents on the container, if known.
- Used motor oil and oil filters should be placed in a clean spill-proof container.
- 15 gallons or 125 lbs. is the maximum amount of hazardous waste that may be hauled per trip by State law.
- Transport hazardous waste in containers no larger than 5 gallons. Larger containers, such as 55 gallon drums, can not be accepted.
Shopping for Bargains? Try the Reuse Center
The Reuse Center is located in the Household Hazardous Waste facility. Check out the Reuse Center each time you visit the Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Shop for recycled products like paint, gardening supplies, automotive fluids and free cleaning products. Every item in the Reuse Center is FREE! Product availability may vary from week to week.
Bring surplus household hazardous waste to the Yuba-Sutter Household Hazardous Waste Facility where it can be placed in the Reuse Center, recycled, or disposed of properly.