For large items that do not fit in your cart, like old furniture, appliances, or mattresses, schedule a Bulky Item Pickup.
Accepted Bulky Items:
- Metal Items, including scrap metal
- Carpet and padding
- Small and large loose items (up to 2 cubic yards of small items should be boxed or bagged)
Residential customers may schedule two free curbside pickups each calendar year. If you exceed your number of free pickups, you may request additional collections for a fee. Bulky Item Pickups are non-transferable each year.
- Items should not exceed 2 cubic yards (for example, 3 feet x 3 feet x 6 feet) of material (equal to approximately 12-32 gallon bags and any one of the following: large appliance, large furniture item or mattress set).
- Write the letters BIP on a piece of paper and attach it to one of your items to let us know you scheduled a pickup for the items.
- Items will be collected by a separate driver and should be placed near the curb or roadside by 6 a.m. on pickup day.
Commercial customers can schedule Bulky Item Pickup for a fee. Businesses may utilize this service on a daily basis or as needed. Give us a call to receive free estimates.
This program does not accept liquids, dirt, rock, concrete or asphalt, hazardous or infectious waste, ashes and materials that exceed 6 feet in length.
If it’s possible that some of your items, such as sofas and tables, could find a new life, please consider donating to one of the many non-profits in Yuba and Sutter Counties. Not only will you be helping divert items from the landfill – you will also be helping a great organization!