Welcome Clackamas and Portland commercial businesses! We’re here to help.
Whether you are a business owner or property manager, we will work with you to tailor garbage and recycling services based on your needs. With a Waste Zero philosophy, Recology is committed to right-sizing our services to fit all your waste and recycling needs — helping you make the most out of our cost-effective offerings.
Please note: A Metro regional food waste requirement is requiring food-generating business to collect food scraps separately from garbage. This is part of a region-wide policy to keep food out of the landfill and turn it into renewable energy and nutrient-rich compost for farms. If you are a Portland food business, Please visit Portland.Gov for more information about food waste diversion. If you are a Clackamas food business, learn how to reduce food waste at your business.
To set up or modify services, contact us.
If you are a commercial customer in Clackamas County, please see the Clackamas County Business Services page for more information.
Commercial Technical Assistance, Waste Audits, & Waste Consulting
Our Waste Zero team helps businesses apply best management practices to the collection of recycling, composting, and landfill materials. We provide a single point of contact to help you implement new recycling programs or improve your existing program and make sure you have the resources you need.
The Waste Zero team has extensive experience assisting businesses from every sector and size, including office buildings, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, shopping centers and large commercial residential properties. Waste audits help businesses save money and conserve resources.
To schedule a meeting with our Waste Zero team, contact us.
Depending on your type of business or residential property, the team will:
- Conduct an onsite visit and provide tailored recommendations to help your business reduce waste and save money
- Conduct an audit of your waste stream to determine current and potential waste diversion opportunities
- Customize service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide signage, flyers, stickers, and training
Commercial Cardboard Recycling
We offer 3-, 4-, and 6-yard cardboard recycling cages for our commercial customers. Smaller containers may be available based on site restrictions. Please note that we cannot accept waxed cardboard, cardboard with plastic liners, or garbage in your cardboard bin. To sign up for cardboard recycling, contact us.
- Service Frequency: Cardboard containers can be serviced at a variety of frequencies based on the volume you have. Contact us to request a new container or to get assistance with determining what frequency level you need on your existing container.
- Set It Out: Have your container out and accessible on your scheduled service day.
- Preparation: Flatten cardboard before placing in the container.
Commercial Glass Recycling
Glass recycling is available in your service area. Bottles and jars only. No dishes, Pyrex, or window glass. Regular Service includes a 90 gallon cart. To sign up for commercial glass recycling, contact us.
- Service Frequency: Glass is serviced once a month on Monday’s, or on a will-call basis depending on the volume of glass generated.
- Set It Out: For curbside service, set out your carts by 6am on your pick-up day (or the night before). Your actual service time may vary from week to week. Please place your can/carts within 4ft of the curb or road’s edge and 4ft from obstacles, such as cars, trees, basketball hoops and mailboxes.
- Preparation: Please rinse all glass food containers.