Regular Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Transfer Station Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 8:30AM – 4:00 PM
Household Hazardous Waste Facility Hours:
1st and 3rd Friday of Each Month 9AM-2PM, or by Appointment Only.
The office and transfer station are closed on Monday, January 16th, and Monday, February 20th. Collection routes will run as normal.
The Recology Butte Colusa Counties Transfer Station hosts a household hazardous waste facility, a public recycling drop-off center, a green waste drop-off center and a construction and demolition sorting facility.
Electronic waste items (non CRT or flat screen) are $5.00 each; microwaves are $10 each.
Business Phone: (530) 533-4783
Fax: (530) 534-9529
Salvatore (Sal) Coniglio
Customer Service Manager:
- Electronic Waste Drop OffElectronic Waste & Universal Waste Drop Off
Electronic and universal waste, such as consumer batteries, cell phones, and TVs are prohibited from the trash and recycling carts because they contain poisonous heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium that can pollute groundwater and pose harmful effects to public health. Please drop off these items at this facility for safe disposal.
- Buy Back CenterBuy Back Center
Our buy-back centers are available for customers to drop off recyclable bottles and cans for deposit redemption (CRV). Most plastic and aluminum beverage containers are subject to CRV (paper/wax milk and juice cartons are not accepted).
- Construction and Demolition DebrisConstruction and Demolition DebrisAs buildings are constructed, remodeled or demolished, metal, wood, sheetrock, rigid plastic, and other construction materials can be recovered and made into recycled construction material.
- Yard Debris Drop OffYard Debris Drop Off
This facility accepts yard debris for drop off and composting. Yard debris may consist of leaves, branches, twigs, soils, or plants.
- Customer Service OfficeCustomer Service Office
The customer service offices are available to pay your bill in person, speak to a Customer Service Representative, or simply meet our team.
- MRF (Recycling Center)Materials Recovery Facility (Recycling Center/Depot)
Materials Recovery Facilities serve as an important part of our recycling process. This is where recyclables are sorted and baled by commodity, and then shipped to paper mills, glass plants, and other manufacturers to be made into new products. Some MRFs accept material from the public.
- Household & Hazardous Waste Drop OffHousehold Hazardous Waste Drop Off
It is illegal to put household hazardous waste in the trash or recycling carts. Hazardous waste includes items such as fluorescent bulbs, pesticides, sharps, medications, and other toxic chemicals.
When hazardous wastes end up in a landfill, they can cause serious threats to humans, wildlife and the environment. Please drop off these items at this facility for safe disposal.