Recology offers a residential curbside Special Item Recycling program for items that are not accepted inside your recycling container and are hard to properly dispose of otherwise.
Curbside Set-Out Instructions: Place items on top of, or next to your blue recycling cart on collection day. Service for special item recycling collection must be requested by the bill payer on record.
SPECIAL ITEMS FOR COLLECTION
- FLUORESCENT TUBES & BULBS
- MOTOR & COOKING OIL
- SMALL APPLIANCES & ELECTRONICS
Fluorescent Tubes & Bulbs
Fluorescent lights contain small amounts of hazardous substances and must be recycled separately from all other recyclables. Please DO NOT put them inside your recycling cart.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Wrap tubes in several layers of newspaper.
- Put bulbs in plastic bag tied closed (or zip-style bag).
- Tubes longer than 4 feet will not be collected.
- Limit: 2 tubes/bulbs per collection, 10 bulbs per year
Motor Oil & Cooking Oil
- Separate motor and cooking oil into different containers and remove any contaminants
- Sealed in a leak-free, clear plastic jugs with screw-top lids
- Labeled with name and address
- Place filled containers on the ground next to your blue recycle cart
- Limit: 3 gallons per collection per type of oil
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) blocks, such as picnic coolers and packaging used to protect new appliances should have all stickers and labels removed and be secured inside clear plastic bags.
“Insta-Paks” or Styrofoam™ packing peanuts not accepted.
Limit: 3 bags per pickup
Acceptable items include clean, dry clothing and household textiles (sheets, towels, tablecloths, etc.) Place items in clear plastic bag. Limit 3 Bags Per Pickup
Small Appliances & Electronics
- Items must be 2’x2’x2′ or smaller and less than 60 lbs
- Place items on top of blue recycling cart on your collection day
- Limit: 2 per pickup
- Place button and alkaline batteries in a sealed plastic bag
- Place rechargeable batteries in a separate sealed plastic bag
- Tape ends of all batteries with clear packing tape
- Motor vehicle batteries are NOT accepted
- Limit: 0.5 gallons per pickup
- Canisters must be empty, small, disposable, camping-style propane cylinders.
- Propane tanks not accepted
- Limit:10 per pickup