Community Drop-Off Collection Site
Recology and the City of Mercer Island have partnered to open a temporary drop-off collection site for residential customers impacted by service delays due to inclement weather. To serve as many residents as possible, individual drop-offs will be limited to delayed service accumulations.
8100 SE 40th St.
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Hours of Operation (subject to change due to weather conditions*):
- Tuesday, January 4th from 8 AM – 4 PM
- Wednesday, January 5th from 8 AM – 4 PM
- Thursday, January 6th from 8 AM – 4 PM
*These are the most up-to-date hours – please check back to confirm hours prior to visiting the site.
Important Information and COVID safety requirements:
- Drop off is only available on the days and hours of operation.
- Waste must be dropped at the specified marked drop-off locations for garbage and recycling.
- Contactless drop-offs are required for the safety of the community and staff on site.
- Masks are required while on-site and during drop-off.
- Garbage – Please Bag all Garbage
- Recyclables – Contain recycling in a cardboard box, paper bag, or clear plastic bag. Accepted recyclables are hard plastics, cardboard, metal, glass, and paper. Packaging and polystyrene foam, shiny wrapping paper, and film plastic should be placed in the garbage.
Items Not Accepted:
- Food and Yard Waste (i.e., holiday trees)
- Bulky Items (i.e., furniture and appliances)
- Hazardous Waste (i.e., oils and solvents)
- Special Wastes (i.e., batteries and light bulbs)