Whether you’re a business owner, property manager, or resident of the County of Colusa, we work with you to tailor recycling, composting, and landfill programs based on your needs.
Wondering WhatBin it goes in?
Materials like paper, bottles, cans, aluminum and most plastics (no plastic bags!). A convenient curbside recycling collection program is available to all residential customers in Colusa County for no additional charge. Recycling is collected every other week, on the same day as your normal garbage collection.
What is trash? Thin plastics (bags and saran wrap), cat litter, ceramics, and broken glass to name a few. Anything that does not go into the recycling container can be put into the garbage container (except for hazardous waste).
CONTAINER PLACEMENT & STORAGE
Recycling and garbage containers are collected by a semi-automated sanitation truck. The automated truck requires ample room to collect containers safely and effectively.
- Place containers on the curb within 5 feet of edge of the street (service beyond this distance may be subject to an additional fee).
- Face containers towards the street.
- Space containers at least 3 feet from other containers, parked vehicles or other obstructions.
- Place containers at the curb by 6:00am on the collection day. (Includes some holidays.)
- Containers must not be placed at the curb more than 12 hours before collection and must be removed from the curb on collection day.
- Containers must not block driveways or other public right-of-way.
- Containers should be stored at the rear or side of the premises when not set out for collection.