Regular Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Transfer Station Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 8:30AM – 4:00 PM
Household Hazardous Waste Facility Hours: Currently by appointment only. Please call 530.533.5868 for an appointment. Appointments are 1st and 3rd Friday of Each Month 9AM-2PM.
The office and transfer station are closed on Monday, January 16th, and Monday, February 20th. Collection routes will run as normal.
The Recology Butte Colusa Counties Transfer Station hosts a household hazardous waste facility, a public recycling drop-off center, a green waste drop-off center and a construction and demolition sorting facility.
Electronic waste items including TVs, computers, monitors, and microwaves are accepted. There is a minimum charge of $15
Business Phone: (530) 533-4783
Fax: (530) 534-9529
Customer Service Manager:
- Electronic Waste Drop OffElectronic Waste & Universal Waste Drop Off
Electronic and universal waste, such as consumer batteries, cell phones, and TVs are prohibited from the trash and recycling carts because they contain poisonous heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium that can pollute groundwater and pose harmful effects to public health. Please drop off these items at this facility for safe disposal.
- Household & Hazardous Waste Drop OffHousehold Hazardous Waste Drop Off
It is illegal to put household hazardous waste in the trash or recycling carts.
When hazardous wastes end up in a landfill, they can cause serious threats to humans, wildlife and the environment. Please drop off these items at this facility for safe disposal.
- Construction and Demolition DebrisConstruction and Demolition DebrisAs buildings are constructed, remodeled or demolished, metal, wood, sheetrock, rigid plastic, and other construction materials can be recovered and made into recycled construction material.
- Customer Service OfficeCustomer Service Office
The customer service offices are available to pay your bill in person, speak to a Customer Service Representative, or simply meet our team.
- Yard Debris Drop OffYard Debris Drop Off
This facility accepts yard debris for drop off and composting. Yard debris may consist of leaves, branches, twigs, soils, or plants.