The Recology internship program will take you outside the classroom and provide you with hands-on professional experience. During the 12-week paid summer internship, you will learn what resource recovery really means and have fun while doing it! You will see first-hand the many facets of our business, as well as lead a project and experience how our employee-owners help communities reach their sustainability goals.
As a Recology summer intern, you will manage a project requiring you to flex your analytical skills and use your business acumen. to work on optimizing and driving quality to solve a problem or improve an existing process. You will have the opportunity to network and interact with strong leaders, mentors and co-workers throughout the organization. You will have multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex business problems.
All Recology internship positions are full-time, paid positions. We appreciate intern candidates that are flexible on the *location of their internship. During your 12 weeks, you’ll have the chance to network with our management team, develop new skills, learn about our business, and experience what it’s like to work within an innovative company. Upon successful completion of the program, interns may be considered for regular full-time, paid positions at Recology. *At this time, housing allowance is unavailable.
Summer internships for 2017 will run from May 22nd to August 11th, and June 20th to September 8th.
- Be in their senior year of undergraduate coursework or have recently graduated. Applications from graduate students are also encouraged.
- Be self-motivated, have strong writing skills, enjoy working with a variety of people.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Feel passionate about our vision.
- Students in all majors are welcome to apply.
- Your interest in interning at Recology;
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the internship program; and
- How you see a world without waste.
- Applications should be submitted no later than March 3rd. Each application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Qualified candidates will be contacted via phone or email for interviews.
- San Francisco, CA
- South Bay Area (San Mateo, San Bruno, Mountain View, Pacifica)
- North Bay Area (Vacaville, Vallejo, Dixon, Auburn, Oroville, Marysville)
- Portland, OR
- Seattle, WA
|Operations – Organics
The organics group processes material that produce nutrient-rich compost, soil amendments and landscaping products. The feedstock includes food scraps and yard trimmings that are otherwise destined for landfill. Recology Organics produces soil amendments that are used to aid in sustainable farming, as well as natural bark and decorative mulch products that are used for various home and garden landscaping projects.
Operations – Collections