I recycle everything I can. What else can I do to reduce my garbage?
- Purchase products in bulk and that are wrapped with minimal and recyclable packaging.
- Reduce the amount of junk mail you receive. For information on who to contact, go to the SF Environment’s Junk Mail website.
- Take a free backyard composting class in the community to learn how to turn food waste and yard trimmings into a valuable soil amendment. The City also sells composting bins at a reduced price. You can also buy them year round at Cole Hardware.
- Reduce material going to our landfills and conserve natural resources by using the reuse and recycling resources listed in the San Francisco Environment’s Recycling Directory.
- Join our online communities on Facebook and Twitter.