What new and improved services are being provided to meet these state requirements?
Several new and enhanced services are added to your current collection services including:
- Weekly collection of organics (includes yard waste and food waste) via a green cart
- Curbside collection of bulky items (appliances, furniture, mattresses, tires, etc) two times per year
- Three times per year events where residents can pick-up compost for free
- Three times per year events where residents can drop-off old electronics to be recycled
- Three times per year events where residents can have confidential documents shredded on site for free
- Improved recycling services at community events and public places (like parks)
All the above services and more are included in your monthly garbage rate along with your weekly garbage and recyclables collection services.