What should I do with fluorescent light bulbs?

Fluorescent light bulbs are classified as hazardous waste, and CANNOT be placed in the garbage. They can be taken to your nearest Household Hazardous Waste Facility (some local hardware stores also take back fluorescent bulbs).

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) can be dropped off every third Saturday of the month from 9am – 12pm (noon) at the John Smith Road Landfill. This event is FREE for San Benito County residents (proof is required). Maximum of 15 gallons or 125 pounds per load accepted.

More information on this event can be found here.

The John Smith Road Landfill is owned by the County of San Benito and operated by Waste Connections Inc.