Commercial Cardboard Recycling
Special bins can be provided to businesses that produce cardboard at no extra charge.
These bins are available in the following sizes:
- 2 cubic yard
- 4 cubic yard
- 6 cubic yard
- Various size drop boxes
- Various size compactors
Please note that we cannot accept waxed cardboard, cardboard with plastic liners, or garbage in your cardboard bin.
Contact Us to sign up for cardboard recycling.
Audits and Consultations
Our Waste Zero Team helps businesses apply best management practices in collecting recycling, composting and landfill materials. We provide a single point of contact to help you implement new recycling programs or improve your existing program and make sure you have the resources you need.
Depending on your type of business or residential property, the team will:
- Visit your site to discuss sustainability goals, best practices for minimizing your waste stream and space requirements or restraints
- Conduct audits of your waste stream to suggest bin sizing and reduced costs
- Customize your service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide signage, flyers, labels, and staff training and presentations, at no additional cost
We are familiar with assisting all business types–from office buildings, hotels and hospitality, restaurants, hospitals, and shopping centers to large commercial residential properties.
Special Event Collection & Hauling
Planning an event? We provide special event recycling, compost, and landfill collection services, from small meetings to large festivals. You’ll work closely with us to ensure maximum recycling participation at your event, and you’ll be provided with sorting flyers, and guidelines.
Smart Business: 10 Tips to Prevent Waste and Save Money
- Inform employees and tenants about recycling and compost programs on an ongoing basis via e-mail, meetings, newsletters, and sorting guides.
- Place signage near every collection container – kitchens, bathrooms, common areas.
- Place a blue recycling container beside every desk, workstation, copier, printer, and garbage container.
- Designate a recycling coordinator to help champion your recycling programs.
- Make the most out of your paper. Purchase printers that allow double-sided printing, or use the other side of paper for your copy and notepaper. Purchase paper made with recycled content.
- Use washable mugs instead of paper or foam cups, and use drinking glasses for tap water or water delivered in large bottles.
- Invest in washable cloth dish towels and napkins, reusable plates, bowls, and utensils.
- Shred or bunch up old paper or catalogs to use as packing material. Ask vendors to avoid using excessive packaging, and reuse packaging materials whenever possible. Foam peanuts, bubble wrap, and most packing materials can be donated to packaging stores.
- Opt-out of unwanted printed mailing lists: BayAreaRecycling.org, CatalogChoice.org
- Invest in rechargeable batteries and battery chargers for digital cameras, flashlights, and other small devices. Designate a space for proper battery recycling.
Holiday Tree Pickup
Recology offers curbside holiday tree collection. Please remove all tinsel, lights, decorations and stands from your holiday tree, and cut the tree so it fits in your yard waste bin. You can also check with the City of Vallejo Recycling coordinator for local non-profits who will pick your tree up for a small fee.