Recology is proud to announce the release of our 2022 Sustainability Update. Learn about our advancements in resource recovery, how we’re expanding the use of renewable fuels and carbon-free electricity, and the strides we’ve made to foster a more equitable, inclusive, and transparent workplace.
Highlights of the report include:
- 1.6 Million MTCO2e of greenhouse gases avoided through recycling and composting activities in 2021; nine times greater than emissions generated by our operations
- Over 1.3 million tons of recyclable and compostable materials collected and processed
- 82% of facility electricity came from renewable or carbon-free sources
- 41,500 MWh of renewable energy was produced by landfill gas conversion engines – enough to power 3,800 homes for a year
- 75% of promotions were given to employee-owners who identify as women and/or members of an ethnic minority group