STUDIO & RECYCLING CENTER TOURS
Sign up for a facility tour to learn more about materials processing, Waste Zero efforts in San Francisco, and the Artist in Residence program. We offer public tours on the 3rd Saturday and 4th Wednesday of each month. Both tours include an overview of the company and recycling operations in San Francisco, and visit to the art studio and sculpture garden.
Third Saturday Tour
Geared toward those interested in learning more about the Artist in Residence Program. This tour does not include a visit to Recycle Central at Pier 96 (recycling and sorting facility).
Fourth Wednesday Tour
Focuses on recycling, and includes a visit to Recycle Central at Pier 96.
- Tours include a walk up three long flights of stairs and walking on uneven surfaces and hills
- Certain areas of the facility may be extremely slippery
- Tours involve loud noises, strong smells and dust
- Attendees must wear closed-toe, comfortable walking shoes (no sandals)
- For safety reasons, tours are not appropriate for children under nine years of age
- Tours are not held if it is raining
- Tours take approximately two hours to complete; visitors must be able to complete the entire tour
To make a reservation, please call (415) 330-9943.
Field trips for the San Francisco Unified School District are scheduled through the San Francisco Department of the Environment. Applications for these free field trips are due in August of each school year. Please call (415) 355-3700 for more information. Additional school field trips are provided throughout the year based on availability.