Recology King County offers a residential curbside Special Item Recycling program for certain items that are not accepted inside your recycling container. Other items may be brought to the Recology Store in Gilman Village
Curbside Set-Out Instructions: Place items on top of, or next to your blue recycling cart on collection day. Service for special item recycling collection must be requested by the bill payer on record.
SPECIAL ITEMS FOR COLLECTION
Fluorescent Tubes & Bulbs
Fluorescent lights contain small amounts of hazardous substances and must be recycled separately from all other recyclables. Please DO NOT put them inside your recycling cart. Instead, fluorescent tubes and light bulbs may be brought to the Recology Store.
Please follow the drop-off instructions when bringing fluorescents to the Recology Store:
- No broken bulbs.
- Tubes longer than 4 feet will not be collected.
- Limit: 10 bulbs per drop-off.
- Separate motor and cooking oil into different containers and remove any contaminants.
- Sealed in leak-free, clear plastic jugs with screw-top lids.
- Labeled with name and address.
- Limit: 3 gallons per collection per type of oil.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) blocks are not recyclable and should not be placed into your recycling bin. StyrofoamTM Can Be Taken To The Recology Store Please follow the instructions below when bringing StyrofoamTM to the Recology Store –
- Accepted items are ridged StyrofoamTM blocks and clean StyrofoamTM takeout containers.
- Items must be clean, dry, free of tape and excessive pen, paint, or crayon marks.
- No packing peanuts accepted.
- Limit 32 Gallons per drop off.
Textiles are not recyclable and should not be placed into your recycling bin. Textiles Can Be Taken To The Recology Store
Please follow the instructions below when bringing Textiles to the Recology Store -Acceptable items include dry, clean clothing and household textiles (sheets, towels, tablecloths, etc.) Place items in clear plastic bag. Limit 32 gallons per customer.
- Items must be 2’x2’x2′ or smaller and less than 35 lbs.
- Place items on top of your blue recycling cart on your collection day in a 1-gallon plastic bag.
- Limit 3 items per pick-up.
- Place button and alkaline batteries in a sealed plastic bag on top of your recycling bin.
- Place rechargeable batteries in a separate sealed plastic bag on top of your recycling bin.
- Tape the ends of all batteries with clear packing tape.
- Motor vehicle batteries are NOT accepted.
- Limit 1 gallon per pickup.
Used Bicycles & Bike Parts Can Be Taken To The Recology Store
- All types of clean bikes and bike parts accepted.
- Limit 3 bikes per dropoff.
- Bike tubes not accepted.
Propane Canisters Can Be Taken To The Recology Store
Please follow the instructions below when bringing propane canisters to the Recology Store –
- Canisters must be empty, small, disposable, camping-style propane cylinders.
- Propane tanks are not accepted.
- Limit 3 items per pick-up.
Hardcover Books Can Be Taken To The Recology Store
Please follow the instructions below when bringing hardcover books to the Recology Store –
- Softcover books are not accepted. Please donate or place in curbside carts.
- Limit 15 books per drop-off.