New! City of Chico Commercial Franchise
Beginning October 1, 2017, the City of Chico commercial customers will be serviced by Recology Butte Colusa Counties in the northwest, north, northeast, and southeast parts of the city, with Waste Management serving the southwest portion. All residential services will also be provided by Waste Management. Please view the City Council’s agenda report here outlining all changes.
Territory Realignment Map
Recology Butte Colusa Counties Commercial Service Area for the City of Chico is described as follows: All Commercial accounts East of HWY 99 within the incorporated areas of the City of Chico. Additionally, all the Commercial accounts located on and North of the E 8th Avenue, on and North of E 9th Avenue North of Palm Avenue, then continuing West on 8th Avenue until the intersection of W Sacramento Avenue, including all Commercial accounts on Esplanade Road North of E 6th Avenue.
Some advantages of the proposed franchise agreement are:
- Reduce Wear and Tear on Roads
- Reduce GHG Emissions
- Regulated Service Rates w/Total Increase to the Maximum Service Rates Not to Exceed 5% per Agreement Year (Rate Increases Based on CPI-U)
- Set Charges, Process, and Procedure for Contaminated or Overloaded Bins to Minimize the Costs for Customers and Maximize Efficiencies of the Hauler (Includes Customer Rite to Dispute Process)
- Recology’s Continued Commitment to the Community & Volunteer Programs
- Achieving City’s Diversion Goals While Encouraging Customers to Comply with Local Ordinances and Assembly Bills
- Innovative Education & Outreach Programs Offered to the Community
- Excellent Customer Service and Technical Assistance
Subsequent to the service changes are new standardized rates for all commercial customers in the City of Chico. Please view rates here.
With any new service implementation, Recology’s goal is to ensure a smooth transition that minimizes disruption to customers. Outreach and education during the transition period will include at a minimum:
- “Welcome” and “Thank You” Mailers to Customers Indicating Which Hauler’s Service Area They Will Transition to, or Stay With
- Initiation Letters to all Customers with Service Information Details, Contact Information, and Commercial Service Brochures
- Customers Will Receive Ample Notice of Any Changes to Their Current Collection Day(s)
For new or current commercial customers, please visit the business services page for more information.