Apply for the 2020 Golden Dumpster Awards
Has your commercial property made significant achievements in the areas of waste reduction, recycling and composting?
Each year, Recology King County, BOMA Seattle/King County, and Seattle Public Utilities celebrate the green achievements of local businesses with the Golden Dumpster Awards. We are excited to recognize and promote those properties who are leading the way and implementing best practices to reduce waste, decrease solid waste management costs, and conserve natural resources.
Winners will be honored at a 2020 BOMA awards ceremony, recognized in local media, and will receive letter recognition from the City of Seattle.
Applications are due by September 18, 2020. See complete details below.
Eligible properties must meet the following criteria:
- Located in the City of Seattle
- Managed by a property management company that is a BOMA Seattle/King County member
- Encompass a minimum of 50% office space and minimum 50% occupancy during the competition period
- A property manager, building engineer and/or designee must be available during the period of September-October to conduct a site walk-through and review of application materials.
- Allow Recology King County, BOMA and Seattle Public Utilities to use information and photos after the program.
Platinum Dumpster Application – Previous Golden Dumpster Winners who have continued to improve performance are eligible to apply for the Platinum Dumpster Award.
September 18th, 2020
Each property will be evaluated upon completion of the online application. A member of our Waste Zero team will visit the property to evaluate waste and recycling practices and review recycling and composting programs. For tips on how to implement a successful recycling & composting program see RESOURCES above.
GOLDEN DUMPSTER AWARD WINNERS
Winners will be recognized in the following ways as a leader in waste reduction, recycling and composting.
- Award ceremony – November 2020 BOMA Event
- Press release in local media
- Letter of recognition from the City of Seattle