News & Events
News & Events
- Our award-winning art programs endeavor to promote new ways of thinking about conserving resources, art and the environment. We host professional, full-time artists and provide them with access to materials that would have otherwise gone to a landfill or recycling facility, a stipend, and exhibition space.
- Recology was named a Climate Action Leader by the California Climate Registry for taking early action to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by measuring, verifying, and reporting them to the California Registry and to the public.
- Mike Sangiacomo was recognized with other Bay-Area CEOs and given the Most Admired CEO Award in the Sustainability Leader category by the San Francisco Business Times in 2008.
- The Promotional Products Association International recognized Recology for successful Employee Incentive Programs in 2011 with a Silver Pyramid Award.
- Recology earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for the construction of the corporate office. LEED is a third-party certification program and the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
- Recology Silicon Valley’s administrative office and fleet division were certified as a Bay Area Green Business in Santa Clara County for its environmentally sound practices.The Green Business Program was developed by Bay Area public agencies with the U.S. EPA, Cal EPA Department of Toxic Substances Control and the business community.
- Recology was a 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003 & 2001recipient of the Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP) offered by the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle).
- The Sequoia Award of Redwood City California recognized Recology San Mateo County for its community work with such programs as Rebuilding Together, Early Bird Preschool and Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula in 2010.
- Recology Butte Colusa Counties earned Sacramento Area Sustainable Business Certification in 2010 as recognition for its work in the areas of energy conservation, water conservation, pollution prevention, solid waste reduction and green building.
Annual Awards for Communications Excellence (AACE)
- Silver Award in 2011
- Annual Award in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 & 2009
- Employee Owner of the Year in 2002
- Company of the Year in 2000