Waste Zero Services
Audits and Consultations
Let us help you design a service configuration that meets your recycling, composting or garbage (landfill-bound) collection needs. Our objectives are to increase your recycling and diversion practices as well as to decrease the amount of material that is landfill-bound.
Our Waste Zero Specialist team begins by conducting an on-site waste audit to help your company apply the best management practices to the material discarded. Based on your audit results, we make recommendations on how to reduce your collection expense and positively impact the environment.
Depending on your type of business or residential property, the team will:
- Visit your site to discuss sustainability goals and potential space requirements/restraints
- Conduct audits of your waste stream to suggest bin sizing and reduce costs
- Customize your service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide signs, fliers, stickers, and training at no additional cost
The Waste Zero Team is familiar with assisting all business types–from office buildings, hotels and hospitality, restaurants, hospitals, and shopping centers to large commercial residential properties.
Holiday Tree Pickup
Residential customers can recycle Christmas trees by setting them next to the compost cart on service day. Remove all decorations, lights and tree stand and cut into 3 feet by 3 feet sections. Flocked trees are acceptable.
Please note: trees may be collected by a separate driver than regular recycling driver
Our team provides bi-weekly street sweeping services in the City of Gilroy.
- Street sweeping occurs every other week, the day after your service day. Refer to your street sweeping calendar to find out which week your street is swept. If you need a new calendar please contact us.
- Please move your car from the street the night before street sweeping.
- The street sweeper does not pick up large piles of leaves, dirt or mud. Please use the compost container for leaves and yard trimmings.
- Private parking lots are not swept.