Recology Rate Reduction and Customer Payment Update
Consistent with our announcement earlier this year regarding the 2017 rate application, Recology has reduced rates for all affected San Francisco customers and is making payments to eligible San Francisco ratepayers.
- On April 1, 2021, Recology reduced rates by 6.796% for all affected San Francisco customers.
- Recology will issue payments to eligible current and former customers.
– If you had an account with Recology in San Francisco at any time between July 1, 2017, and March 31, 2021, you may be entitled to a payment.
– Recology will contact eligible customers early this summer.
– Payments to current customers will be completed by September 1, 2021.
– Payments to former customers will be made on a rolling basis. The company will work diligently to reach all former customers.
FAQs for Recology San Francisco Customers
What does this mean for rates going forward?
- On April 1, 2021, Recology reduced rates by 6.796% for all affected San Francisco customers. This reduction will be reflected in the rates going forward.
Annual City-approved cost of living increases will take effect when applicable.
Who will be eligible to receive payments?
- Residential and commercial customers who had valid accounts at any time between July 1, 2017, and March 31, 2021, may be eligible for payment. Recology will contact eligible customers early this summer.
When will current customers receive payments?
- Recology will issue payments by September 1, 2021, to current eligible customers.
How much will customers receive?
- Actual payments will vary based on a number of factors, including the service level and customer type. Customers will be notified of their payment amounts in the coming weeks.
Will you repay former customers who have since left the city? When?
- We will work diligently to reach all former customers and enable them to collect payments, on a rolling basis.
What if I have additional questions?
We will provide future updates on this website. In the meantime, please send any questions to SFratepayer@recology.com.